The Barr Street High School Foundation, Inc. is founded as a non-profit organization under the laws of the State of South Carolina for the express purpose to:
- Perpetuate the historical significance, educational traditions and cultural heritage of Barr Street High School, Lancaster, South Carolina – 1923 to 1970.
- Affect a spirit of loyalty in the graduates and former students of Barr Street High School.
- Fund scholarships and promote educational excellence in youth.
- Promote community activities.
- Be responsible for the housing of the mementos of Barr Street High School, including the historical legacy of the school; and to provide the means by which these purposes can be achieved.
This can then become our legacy, that in the end, we made a difference.
The late Dr. Benjamin E. Mays said:
“It must be borne in mind that tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. It isn’t a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It is not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideal, but it is a disaster to have no ideal to capture. It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.”
With your support, we are certain that we can and will, accomplish these goals.