The Barr Street High School Foundation, Inc. will award $1,000 scholarships to three Lancaster County seniors graduating this year. The revised deadline date is May 6. For more updates, please continue to monitor this website or contact the guidance department of your respective school.
- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must be accepted by an accredited institution of higher education
- Must have 2.5 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale
Applicants Must Submit Formal Application and the Following:
- Copy of official high school transcript which includes exit exam score, SAT or ACT. A grading scale must accompany all official transcripts.
- Three original letters of recommendation – one each from a school counselor, principal, teacher, minister, church officer or community person. (Recommendations from family members will not be accepted.)
- A recent photo of yourself. Include a note with the photograph specifying if you would like to have the photograph returned and include the complete mailing address for delivery.
- Essay: 2-3 double-spaced, typed pages addressing the following topic:
Why should you be selected for a scholarship? Please describe any academic achievements, community service activities, examples of leadership, or other personal characteristics that make you deserving of this scholarship.
- Please explain any relationship you, a family member, or other relatives may have had with Barr Street High or Lancaster Training School.
All applications must be received no later than May 6.
Send applications to:
Ms. Valerie D. Belk
Barr Street High School Foundation, Inc.
mailing address: PO Box 2045, Lancaster, South Carolina 29721