- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must be accepted by an accredited institution of higher education
- Must have 2.5 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale
Applicants Must Submit Formal Application and the Following:
- Copy of official high school transcript which includes exit exam score, SAT or ACT. A grading scale must accompany all official transcripts.
- Three original letters of recommendation – one each from a school counselor, principal, teacher, minister, church officer or community person. (Recommendations from family members will not be accepted.)
- A recent photo of yourself. Include a note with the photograph specifying if you would like to have the photograph returned and include the complete mailing address for delivery.
- Essay: 2-3 double-spaced, typed pages addressing the following topic:
Why should you be selected for a scholarship? Please describe any academic achievements, community service activities, examples of leadership, or other personal characteristics that make you deserving of this scholarship.
- Please explain any relationship you, a family member, or other relatives may have had with Barr Street High or Lancaster Training School.
All applications must be received no later than March 31.
Send applications to:
Ms. Valerie D. Belk
Barr Street High School Foundation, Inc.
mailing address: PO Box 2045, Lancaster, South Carolina 29721